Cook's In Kansas

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well what an interesting last 24 hours. Kansas of all states even elected a Democratic representative. I have to say that I did a little dance of joy when Laurie called this morning to say that Rummy was stepping down. The interesting thing is that he is scheduled to come to K-State tomorrow to deliver the Landon Lecture (the same one GW did last year). According to the K-State President's office he is still coming. Unlike the Bush lecture I have decided to stay away from Rummy. I figured my blood pressure couldn't handle it. I would imagine that K-State will get some more national exposure tomorrow considering all that has transpired.

3 Comments:

  • We were doing a lot of dancing around here last night.

    I was even happy that Eli got up around 2:30 so I could check MSNBC after getting him back to sleep... they had declared Claire the winner. I woke Brooke up to tell her! :)

    By Blogger 1UP RPG, at 4:29 PM  

  • wow, 2 posts in one day...a record.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 PM  

  • Bob came in and told me you "Brooke Clubbs, your Missouri senator is Claire McCaskill." I was so happy, but being very sleepy I was also very frank. "Great! Now we just need Kit Bond to pucker up and kiss his ass good-bye." :o !

    You'll have to tell us how Rummy was received at K-State. It was just so weird that a week aftetr saying that Rummy would be by his side for the rest of his term, he suddenly chose not to...stay the course!

    By Blogger 1UP RPG, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home